How We Work
The Collaborative convenes four meetings annually. Every two years one of those meetings is a Strategic Planning Session during which the members identify and prioritize unmet needs in the mental health continuum of care in Indian River County. The Collaborative then:
- Convenes people and organizations interested in finding solutions for the unmet needs, including both Collaborative members and non-members.
- Offers guidance and administrative support to facilitate the discussions and plans related to the solutions for the unmet needs.
- Helps identify sources for funding and provides support for the Lead Agency in securing funding.
Once a project is established and the Lead Agency agrees to continue working closely with the Collaborative, the Collaborative will then:
- Provide ongoing advocacy for the program.
- Present a unified voice at the local, state and federal level on behalf of the program.
- Continue to convene appropriate parties to review and discuss the successes and challenges of the program from a communitywide perspective.
- Coordinate meetings, take minutes and provide administrative support.
- Continue to open the doors to potential funders for the Lead Agency to fund the program.